General requirements

Poland is among Schengen countries and if you come to Poland to work as a researcher, you need a valid travel document (Identity Document or Passport),  national visa or a temporary residence permit.
However, citizens of EU member states may stay in Poland for 90 days without registration.
Citizens of countries with which Poland has concluded an agreement on visa-free travel, may also stay up to 90 days.